Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Always look at the bright side of life

I was really touched by this- a swelling caught in my throat, that later moved up to my eyes. Damn. What a send-off. Just thinking of him as King Arthur in Monty Python and the Holy Grail makes me smile and sigh at the same time.

For life is quite absurd,And death's the final word.
You must always face the curtain with a bow!
Forget about your sin -- give the audience a grin,
Enjoy it -- it's the last chance anyhow!

Just before you draw your terminal breath.
Life's a piece of shit,When you look at it.
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true,
You'll see it's all a show,
Keep 'em laughing as you go.
Just remember that the last laugh is on you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually cried watching this one kuv. Really touching...

Anonymous said...

Monty Python were totally unknown to me before 2-3 weeks when a friend sent me a link with a video of one of their sketches. 5 minutes later I became addicted to MP :) So, going through their movies and history I found out that one of them has passed away and that there is a video with his eulogy. I searched for that video blog and when I watched it I burst to tears myself. First to laughs though because of the typical MP humour but finally to tears :)

Ogami Itto said...

When having made fun of virtually anything in the human history, then why not say goodbye to a friend with a cheer and a laughter? After all, they always had that kind of pessimistic and dark humour throughout their whole carrier. Long live the Monty Python..

Anonymous said...

I dont think that this particular "sketch" was pessimistic my friend...